Friday, February 6, 2009

Update on 2009 Recruits and Scheduling

The 2009-10 recruiting year is off to a great start. Here's a rundown on how the squad is shaping up.

I'm bringing back four starters from the 2008 team. Andy Jerome, Logan Gregg, Tyler McKibben, and Jared Butler will bring back some experience and leadership to the team this year.

I've signed seven new young men, and offered scholarships to three more. The young men that I have signed are Micah Duncan, Tyler Appleby, Josh Sears, Joel Harrison, Cesar Garcia, Juan Arreola, and Jared White.

I'm in contact with three international players, two from Kenya and one from Venezeula. Hopefully, out of those three, we will get two of them.

The schedule has been set for 2009. I have scheduled 19 matches and one scrimmage. I'm waiting on one other coach to schedule a scrimmage with me. That will put us at 21 matches. Last year, because we got such a late start, we only had 13 matches. Included in this year's schedule is a trip to Southern Mississippi where we will play Southwest Mississippi Community College and Pearl River Community College. This should be a fun and challenging trip for our squad.

4 comments:

  1. jim this is great get feed back from people and players.. hope to have a great season

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey coach sweet page. ready to beat danville??!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jared, I'm ready to beat a lot of teams this year, but I would (and I know that you would) love to beat Danville on August 28th, our first game. That would be a great way to start our promising season!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vimal, I'm like you I think that players, and family members will benefit from this blog and they will be able to interject some input too. I'm positive that we will have a very good season.

    ReplyDelete